Falls & Mobility Services
Physiotherapy to help with falls and mobility in the comfort of your own home
It’s very common as we get older that everyday tasks become more difficult. Fortunately, physiotherapy can help! At Severn Physiotherapy, we are specialists in Care of the Elderly. We offer home visits with a full assessment and treatment plan. Some of the issues we can help with are:
- - Improving how easily you can walk indoors and outdoors or using stairs, as well as tasks around the home
- - Reducing your risk of falling over. You can read some advice about preventing falls by clicking here
- - Improving your Strength and Balance
- - Helping with pain from conditions such as arthritis
- - Improving your fitness to help reduce your risk of health issues like a heart attack
- - Specific conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, COPD and recovering from a stroke
- - Specific exercises for people with Osteoporosis
- - Helping you to recover from an operation. You can read more about these services by clicking here
- - Advising on equipment that may help you at home or when you're out and about
At Severn Physiotherapy, we make sure everything we do is focussed on your goals and needs. We use a range of techniques to help you achieve your goals. Many of our clients have multiple health conditions and complex needs, so we are happy to adapt our approach to what will suit you best.
What to expect from a physiotherapy assessment
The physiotherapist will come to your home at a time that is convenient to you.
We will start by asking you about your experience of your condition and a little about your medical history. It is important for us to know what you are hoping to get out of having physiotherapy so that we are sure we are targeting our treatment specifically for you.
We will then look at your strength and the movement in your joints. We would also like to look at how you move and test your balance.
After your assessment, we will trial some different treatment approaches to see what will fit your needs best. We will always be led by what you would like to do!
If you’re not sure if we can help, please get in touch and we can talk through your problems.
Skye helped so much in supporting my Mother to move from a temporary nursing home placement to her old home. She was able to motivate my Mother and give the right exercises and support to get her back on her feet
Malcolm, patient's son, Clevedon
£65 for initial assessment
£45 for follow up at home
- We visit you at home
- Qualified Physiotherapists
- Specialists in Care of the Elderly
- Recovering from hospital stay
- Help with balance and falls prevention
- Improving mobility
- Managing pain
Strength and Balance Class
A gentle exercise class based in Portishead
We now offer a Strength and Balance Class in Portishead. If you're worried about falling, then this class is a great opportunity to get checked over by a Physiotherapist and work on your strength and balance. The class uses a variety of circuits exercises to challenge areas you find difficult. All exercises are tailored to your needs and we always work at your pace and within your comfort levels.
We also offer the time to talk through any health issues that may be concerning you. Either we will be able to help you directly, or we can point you in the direction of someone who can.
You can read a patient story here.
The class has a fun and relaxed atmosphere; we believe that your results will be so much better if you're enjoying your exercise!