Falls & Mobility Services
Physiotherapy to help with falls and mobility in the comfort of your own home
It’s very common as we get older that everyday tasks become more difficult. Fortunately, physiotherapy can help! At Severn Physiotherapy, we are specialists in supporting people into older age. We can help identify frailty syndrome and refer on for comprehensive geriatric assessment when needed. We offer home visits with a full assessment and treatment plan. Some of the issues we can help with are:
- - Improving how easily you can walk indoors and outdoors or using stairs, as well as tasks around the home
- - Reducing your risk of falling over. You can read some advice about preventing falls by clicking here
- - Improving your strength and balance
- - Helping with pain from conditions such as arthritis
- - Improving your fitness to help reduce your risk of health issues like a heart attack
- - Specific conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, COPD and recovering from a stroke
- - Specific exercises for people with osteoporosis
- - Helping you to recover from an operation. You can read more about these services by clicking here
- - Advising on equipment that may help you at home or when you're out and about
At Severn Physiotherapy, we make sure everything we do is focussed on your goals and needs. We use a range of techniques to help you achieve your goals. Many of our clients have multiple health conditions and complex needs, so we are happy to adapt our approach to what will suit you best.
What to expect from a physiotherapy assessment
The physiotherapist will come to your home at a time that is convenient to you.
We will start by asking you about your experience of your condition and a little about your medical history. It is important for us to know what you are hoping to get out of having physiotherapy so that we are sure we are targeting our treatment specifically for you.
We will then look at your strength and the movement in your joints. We would also like to look at how you move and test your balance.
After your assessment, we will trial some different treatment approaches to see what will fit your needs best. We will always be led by what you would like to do!
If you’re not sure if we can help, please get in touch and we can talk through your problems.
£85 for initial assessment
£45 for follow up at home
- We visit you at home
- Qualified Physiotherapists
- Specialists in Care of the Elderly
- Recovering from hospital stay
- Help with balance and falls prevention
- Improving mobility
- Managing pain
“A big thank you to Skye for making my life change; her treatment for my back pain has really helped me feel normal again!”
Kelly was highly professional and knowledgable. I was really worried about an old rotator cuff injury that was causing me issues. Kelly explained the issues I was experiencing and gave me a clear rehabilitation plan. Fantastic experience, have absolutely no hesitation recommending Kelly!”
A really great sports massage it's helped with trouble I was getting when training my legs at the gym. Kelly is very knowledgeable, and was able to give me some great advice for when I train. Will definitely go back for more treatment”
“Kelly, I have been so impressed, and grateful, for the help and care you have shown to mum! I really didn’t expect anything other than advice and exercises, and am so glad that I found you!
Helen, daughter of patient
I'm so grateful to Skye for her help with my balance, her exercises have really got to the route of my problems”
David, Westbury on Trym, Bristol
Thank you for my massage! It felt so healing. I feel so much stronger, healthier and relaxed. Quite an achievement in 1 hour. Thanks, Skye!”
Carly, massage client